tirsdag 6. september 2011

First two weeks

I know I haven't been blogging for a while, but there is just too much going on!
Also, I've decided to blog in English, so that more people can understand what I'm talking about.

A lot has happended since my last post. We arrived safely at Indiana University of Pennsylvania and got our rooms. That was exciting! It was even more exciting when we got to choose our classes for the semester! I registered for Animation, Beginning Photography, Communication Graphics, Application and Techniques of Motion Pictures and Advanced Video Production.
The first week was also called add-drop week. For a good reason! When we arrived in our first Advanced Video Production class, which I had really been looking forward to, we discovered that it was way too basic for us! What a surprise, since that class is the most advanced we could choose from in that area! It was basically what we had been doing at Oslo University College for the last two years crammed into one semester. No thank you!
So we panicked a little. Especially when we checked the internet to see wether there were any other classes we could switch to, and didn't find anything tempting at all.
But then we remembered that it might be a good idea to talk to a real person. So the next day, that was exactly what we did. We really wanted to take TV Production, but we were told that the class was full. After a few phone calls though we were suddenly accepted after all! And why? Because we are Norwegians! The teacher (wonderful Dr. Start) thought that the American students would benefit from having international students in their class.
And that is how we have been treated almost everywhere. I guess we're kind of exotic to the Americans.

School is going well so far. Although I'm a bit overwhelmed by the workload. But I'll manage. I feel like I've learned a lot more in the past two weeks than i have in the past two years in Oslo!

The social life is pretty good too! One of my favorite new traditions is "Laundropoly". We do our laundry, and while the machines are doing what they do best, we sit in the laundry room and play Monopoly. Can't wait to wash my clothes again!

Also, this last saturday we went to Pittsburgh on a trip arranged by the International Office. That was nice. When we were back in Indiana we went out for some drinks. That was even nicer!


Well, I have a lot of reading to do now. Good thing it's raining cats and dogs.

3 kommentarer:

  1. hei! høres kjempe spennende ut alt sammen! gleder meg til å få lese mer, og høre (om noen måneder..).
    Heldiggris jeg vil også studere animation! og masse av de andre tingene! Men jeg er fult opptatt i mørkerom for tiden, snart lever første prosjekt! :O
    snakkes!!

    SvarSlett
  2. Så spennende! Håper du liker mørkerom! Fotolæreren min kvittet seg med mørkerommet for et par år tilbaket. For dyrt. :P

    SvarSlett